Hoodoo For Beginners: Working Magic Spells in Rootwork and Conjure with Roots, Herbs, Candles, and Oils (Hoodoo for Life)

Are you looking for magic that actually works? Hoodoo is old North American folk magic, born from African spiritual traditions brought over by slaves. Over the centuries it incorporated Native American and European influences, using what worked and discarding what did not. What is left is an adaptable, powerful magical system that works. In this book you'll learn:

Reviews (198)

Love

I love the book, very informative and a great starting point.

Great easy for beginners

Enjoyed this book and the beginner spells. Very accessible entre into these world of spiritual work. Wish it had included a beginner spell for fertility .

I Recommend!

Still reading but so far so good. I would recommend this book for beginners.

Good read. Informative for beginners.

Good informative book for beginners. I quickly came to realize what I did and did not plan to do through hoodoo and came to a pretty good understanding of the basics. I would recommend.

Right time, right book.

I purchased this book last month along with 3 other books with related topics in April of 2021. And while I won’t get too much into why I purchased this book, (mainly due to wanting to focus on the book and not myself), I will say that I barely glanced through it when I first got it. It is currently 3:23 AM, May 10, 2021, and I’ve decided to read 1 of 3 that I currently have. And the writer at the time mentioned she was 23 when she started to practice. I am 23 as well. Only 7 pages in, and this book gives me this ascension feeling. I can tell the writer, Angelie Belard has great energy. I immediately had to stop and post this specific page in order to show anyone who is interested in this book what they may be informed of. Angelie tells you the book is fundamental, and should you expect an academic book, then you should continue with your search because this is not that book. Basically, she says this book is her knowledge/and knowledge of practice when it comes to Hoodoo. I do believe that on this day, at this time, I was meant to read this book... Should I feel compelled to update this review, I will, and will do so thoroughly.

Awesome beginner book

I liked that this book suggests a lot recommendations and has spells and rituals you can do yourself. I didn’t like the part about the ammonia and adding it to your bathe but the whole book was really good. I truly enjoyed how the author gave a realistic view on love spells. Which is, they’re suppose to put you in the best position so you and your crush cross paths. I honored the part where the author said to be mindful of people with addictive personalities. Not only because these situations can go south, but it’s extremely unfair to the other person with this personality type. I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn’t know where to start.

some pagan / Wicca

As I was reading the book I couldn’t help but notice that there was a few things that seemed very pagan or Wiccan. With that being said I found some very interesting information regarding conjuring oils, however the author did not go into making powers. I went back and I looked at the chapter several times and there’s no information she just talks about making conjuring oils. With that being said anybody that practices magic knows a thing or two about candle Magic And how to incorporate or anoint oils on the candles with intent. I feel in a lot of ways the book was missing some important information And the author could’ve went into greater depth. As a wiccan myself, I find some aspects of the Hoodoo practice very intriguing, And I wish the author would’ve went into it more advanced instruction in the second book instead of isolating it into very specific areas.

A good introduction

In the tradition of indigenous initiation, this book offers guidance to help the reader access their own inner power. I really appreciate the repeated encouragement to follow one's own intuition, listen to one's own ancestors, and to allow for creativity and invention. This is the first book that I ever read about Hoodoo and I know I made the right choice, for it has opened my heart to receive wisdom and filled me with curiosity and wonder. I am also grateful for the cautionary notes and warnings. Although Hoodoo is powerful and healing, it is important to note that it is not a toy or a game, nor is it for the faint of heart. This Book is a good primer. Gratitude to you Mama Angelie this informative volume. I read it in two hours and I have a feeling I will be reading it over and over again....

Great for beginners, easy spells

I like that it gives the history and explains the spell, even if you don't read any other books you feel equipped, great book for beginners.

Love this!

Why does all this feels familar? I believe it ase. Thank you for bringing my ancestors medicine home to me. So grateful. Ase

Related Books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

143 Pieces Hawaiian Tropical Luau Theme Party Decorations Set, Include Tissue Paper Pineapples, Tropical Palm Simulation Leaves, Artificial Hibiscus Luau Flowers, Gold Glittery Aloha Banner

History Births on May 17